List of publications by CRED faculty, with most recent listed first.
- Maumbe, K. & Arbogast, D. (2014). An analysis of the relationship between visitor motivation, destination evaluation and future behavior intention. Journal of Travel Research. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Nichols, A., Riffe, J., Peck, T., Kaczor, C., Nix, K., & Faulkner-Van Deysen, A. (2014). Developmental stages and work capacities of community coalitions: How Extension educators address and evaluate changing coalition needs.. Journal of Extension [On-line], 52(1) Article 1FEA3.
- Nix, L. K. (2013). Community volunteer leadership in West Virginia: Key incentives and influences that enhance involvement. International Journal of Volunteer Administration, XXX (1).
- Balcarczyk, K., McKenney, K., Smaldone, D., & Arbogast, D. (2013). West Virginia interpretive guide training: A collaborative effort. Journal of Extension [On-line], 51(6) Article 6IAW4.
- Nix, K., Eades, D., & Frost, R. (2013). First Impressions: An effective approach for community improvement. Journal of Extension [On-line], 51(3) Article 3RIB8.
- Dougherty, M. J. (2013, July 2). [Review of the book Marketing UNterstate highways: bringing out-of-town dollars to non-destination small towns, by John L. Gann, Jr.]. Community Development, 44:4, 521-523.
- Dougherty, M. J. (2013, July 2). [Review of the book The Small Town Planning Handbook, 3rd edition, by Thomas L. Daniels, John W. Keller, Mark B. Lapping, Katherine Daniels & James Segedy]. Community Development 44:4, 523-524.
- Dougherty, M. J. (2010, July 5). [Review of the book Creative leadership: skills that drive change, by Gerald J. Puccio, Mary C. Murdock & Marie Mance]. Community Development 41:2, 285-286.
- Dougherty, M. J. & Klase, K. A. (2010). E-Government and its Potential to Facilitate Citizen Participation in State Budget Deliberations. In Carl D. Ekstrom (Ed.), E-Government Website Development: Future Trends and Strategic Models (pp. 342-362). Hershey, Pa: IGI Global.
- Dougherty, M. J. (2009). Resolving budget cuts and growing budgets: The case of West Virginia. International Journal of Public Administration, 32(7), 578-592.
- Dougherty, M. J. & Klase, K. A. (2009). Fiscal retrenchment in state budgeting: Revisiting cutback management in a new era. International Journal of Public Administration, 32(7), 593-619.
- Martell, C. R., Dougherty, M., & Smith, J. (2009). Tribute to Richard E. Zody. Public Budgeting & Finance, 29(1), 1-11
- Dougherty, M. J. (2008, November 20). [Review of the book Environmental Land Use Planning and Management, by John Randolph]. Community Development 39:3, 164-165.
- Klase, K. A., & Dougherty, M. J. (2008). The impact of performance budgeting and state budget outcomes. Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting & Financial Management, 20(3), 277-298.
- Bender, M., Deng, J., Selin, S., Arbogast D., & Hobbs, R.A.P. (2008).
Local Residents' Attitudes Toward Potential Tourism Development
The Case of Ansted, WV. Tourism Analysis, 16(5).
This report quantifies and describes quality of life trends in West Virginia’s counties. The report can be of value to the state’s development practitioners in targeting programs to counties and regions with the most need, to researchers identifying the factors that make some counties more successful than others, and to local policy-makers shaping regional development strategies.
- Arbogast, D. & Maumbe, K. (2013). Understanding visitor demand and service provider perceptions of green travel in West Virginia. Proceedings of the 2013 Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium.
- Nix, K., Scott, D., & Eades, D. (2012). Proceedings from Northeast Center for Rural Development What Works! Conference: West Virginia University Power of Ten Program .